Okay. I will outwardly admit that this risk is pretty lame in the grand scheme of things. In the small scheme of things too actually. But it was a slow day so cut me some slack.
My bathroom was in desperate, desperate need of a good cleaning. You know the kind, where you get on your hands and knees with a toothbrush and scrub the grout kind of cleaning. Having recently had some mold problems in our place (remember Day 100? Hooray for leaky things and the mold they leave behind!) we happened to have bleach on hand. I’ve never worked with bleach before. It kind of freaks me out. I always think it’s going to burn my skin or permanently stain my clothes. But I needed something strong so bleach was my best option.
I do not recommend this risk for rooms with bad ventilation, like my bathroom. On man was I high! I was all kinds of loopy and lightheaded. It felt like my nostril hairs had burned off and I thought I’d never stop smelling bleach. Seriously. I was still smelling bleach when I went to bed 12 hours later.
But as my husband put it later our bathroom is “hospital clean”. I feel so clean when I get out of the shower and I don’t feel like I should hover over my own toilet seat (okay, it wasn’t that dirty before, but you get the idea). The burned nostrils should have turned me off from doing this again, but that clean feeling will probably keep me coming back for more. I just hope I don’t do permanent damage to my nasal cavities.